Thursday, September 11, 2008

Students Playing Matchmaker?

image For my E6 class, this unit we are learning about amazing people. One of the persons we are learning about is Sarah Chang, a world famous classical violinist. She is pretty amazing indeed!

Anyways, during one of my classes I had students think up questions that they would like to ask Sarah Chang. They had the usual where was she born, what does she do when she's not doing a concert. All these questions were easy to answer or at least find information on the internet to answer them. One question however was quite difficult to find. I searched and searched but could not find the answer.

The question was, "Is Sarah Chang married?" Like I said I searched hard for the answer but could not find it. So I went to her official website. I found a way to contact her and sent Sarah Chang a message explaining that I was a teacher and the reason for my question.

Later in the day I received an email from her which said:

Hello!
You're very sweet, thank you for your email.
No, I'm not married! Too young, too busy, too immature, take your pick.....
Thanks again.
Sarah

 

With the running joke of me having a Korean wife, I thought this was just another layer to add to that joke.

1 comment:

Mark said...

So your telling me there's a chance...