Monday, September 1, 2008

Asian Snowball Fighting

IMG_2209 I recently went to Korea as part of the CELA trip before the beginning of the school year. While you may think that the most memorable thing for me would have been the shopping. If you thought that you thought wrong. I loathe shopping. We happened to do a lot of it during this trip. I was however to not participate in shopping and was able to be a NSB (Nonsmoking buddy) to the fellow guys on that were part of our travel group.

Being an NSB was not the most memorable event either. This honor would have to fall to snowball fighting with a bunch of Korean kids in Tae Kwon Do. Going on a trip to Korea, I would not have thought that this would even happen. However, we went sledding at a place I saw on the Travel Channel a couple years ago. It was an indoor place that made fake snow. It was fun to watch the skiers and snowboarders. And even more fun to get into a snowball fight.

It started out that the kids were throwing snowballs at each other. A stray one wandered our way and soon Heidi and I were part of a massive snowball fight. We also taught the kids and some of the assistant teachers from CELA the proper way to make a snowball. They didn't know how to pack it so it wouldn't break up when thrown. I think that this is a very valuable skill to know even in Asia.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Thing is....it snows in Korea. So it's really sad that the kids weren't already able to properly pack a snowball. Oh well. Now this winter they'll be the best prepared kids in Seoul. That was such a blast.