Thursday, November 15, 2007

I Think I'm Turning Taiwanese. I Really Think So

I have a funny story about something that happened to me after Wednesday Night Bible study. We had finished and we were having our delicious snack of oranges and I was talking with some of the students when a little girl and her mom showed up to talk with Monica. The girl was amazed that there where Americans there and said 3 Americans in Chinese. All the Americans then noticed that the little girl did not know how to count since there were actually 4 of us. So we said 4 in Chinese. The girl looked confused and counted again, but she didn't point to me when she was counting. That's when someone told me to take off the hat I was wearing. I did. When the girl saw that I did not have black hair like a normal Taiwanese person, she recognized me as American.

No comments: